Farwell Admin Office
- Accountable for the successful execution of all Housing programs, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise staff, identify the needs for new services, develop content and scope for new programs.
- Report program progress on a regular basis to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Ensure quality of program service delivery & customer service.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Administer and be responsible for all program personnel, implementation, management and oversight of all Home Empowerment, Housing and Weatherization services.
- Seek out new opportunities for housing growth and development to include single or multi-family options.
- Ensure that all programs comply with applicable building codes as well as required standards, guidelines, federal & state regulations.
- Ensure compliance with State of Michigan training and licensing and/or certification requirements for program staff and contractors.
- Analyze and compare data with established objectives to ensure corrective measures for meeting program goals and fiscal soundness of assigned programs. Assist with grant writing and reporting to funding sources.
- Work closely with the CEO in meeting program and overall departmental monthly, quarterly and annual goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all customer application processes and compliance of all materials are conducted within regulations set forth for each program area.
- Assist with the bidding process of contractors.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to provide oversight of program budgets. Maintain all inventory of the department.
- Submit invoices for payment of contractors for approval.
- Participate in training, workshops and or conferences as directed by the Agency administration and funding sources.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an effective working knowledge of federal/ state regulations and codes for all programs within area of responsibility.
- Must have two or more years of supervisory experience, with ability to direct and organize the work of others.
Licensure as a General Contractor and/or Energy Auditor is an asset.
As a condition of continued employment, an employee in this classification must successfully:
- Complete the Pre/Post Inspector State Certification Exam or related certification (i.e. BPI) within one year from the date of employment.
- Complete Building License if not previously certified.
- Meet or exceed program performance
- Maintain driver's license and good driving record. Ability to work independently and keep accurate records.
- Ability to travel to required training, certifications, seminars or conferences. Maintain good customer relation's skills.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, provide proof of insurance, and pass the agency's "Insurance Carriers" driving record review
- Successfully complete Criminal History and Department of Health and Human Services clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
- Must be able to perform as a key member of the Agency's Leadership Team, providing insight and perspective, and leadership in the development of policy and programs.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work effectively at a fast pace under pressure.
- The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-worker or to enhance personal safety while away from the office location.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability. Must comply with Agency smoke free and drug free policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read this job description and I understand that my performance will be evaluated on these standards