Language Translator - Spanish
- Interprets verbal communication and translates written communication from English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
- Provides assistance to the teaching staff, students, and parents within the Head Start/GSRP program for the delivery services in the home language.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Interprets verbal and written communication in the classroom, during enrollment appointments, during home visits, parent meetings, parents/teacher conferences, community events, and phone calls.
- Translates newsletters, in-home activities and reminders to parents.
- Work in cooperation with parents and other program staff to meet all program requirements.
- Perform translating and interpreting duties in other programs as needed.
- Support and encourage parents’ involvement in all program activities through attendance at center meetings, conferences/home visits, participation in program activities.
- Other duties as needed to meet program requirements.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, interpret and translate English to Spanish and Spanish to English is required.
- Maintain confidentiality and code of ethics at all times.
- Successfully complete required background checks at time of hire and when requested.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills, and be able to work effectively with people.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read this job description and I understand the requirements as indicated above.