Self Sufficiency Specialist
Department: Grants & Communications
Work Site: Bay and Midland Michigan Works! Offices
Responsible to: Home Empowerment Coordinator
Status: Regular Part-time/Hourly
- Administer services under Family Self Sufficiency Program.
- Conduct case management.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate enrollment of participants into Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program.
- Assist participants in the development of financial stability and/or homeownership goals.
- Provide ongoing case management to participants in FSS ensuring continued progress toward their goals.
- Work closely with the Home Empowerment Coordinator in monthly tracking of program participant progress, client files, monthly, quarterly and annual goals and objectives.
- Take thorough case notes and efficiently and accurately enter information into multiple databases.
- Ensure all case files are assembled in the proper order and are audit-ready at all times.
- Maintain and produce data, records and reports as required by the position.
- Coordinate educational classes with Home Empowerment Coordinator.
- Keep current on all instruction and counseling guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in social work, business/marketing field preferred or equivalent experiences.
- Knowledge of credit, financial issues and the homeownership process.
- Ability to work independently and keep accurate records.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must be able to utilize web-based databases and complete accurate data entry
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete Criminal History and DHHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
- Must successfully complete NeighborWorks America web-based courses as identified.
- The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-workers or to enhance personal safety while away from the office location.
- Must comply with Agency smoke free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.