Temporary Full time
Work Site: Warehouse
Responsible to: Food Commodities Manager
* To assist with the packing and delivery of food to customers at established pick up sites and maintain an accurate inventory of product.
* Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
* Receiving, unloading, inventory and storage of all CSFP and TEFAP shipments.
* Oversee the volunteers who assist with the distribution and packing lines.
* Prepare packing boxes for monthly and quarterly CSFP and TEFAP distributions.
* Open product and set up packing line for CSFP and TEFAP.
* Drive and/or assist driver to distribution sites.
* Maintain vehicles daily with gas, safety checks, and observe/report overall truck maintenance issues.
* Assist with loading food for customer and provide courteous customer service.
* Assist with loading and unloading of distribution and delivery trucks.
* Assist with cleaning of warehouse, storage areas and trucks.
* Assist with packing lines.
* Assist with inventory reconciliation.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Good math and reading skills.
* Must have Proficient Computer Skills, (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
* Ability to handle staff relations effectively and pleasantly.
* Organizational skills.
* Must be physically capable of performing CPR (with appropriate training).
* Must have reliable transportation, current Michigan Chauffeurs Driver’s License, provide proof of insurance, pass State Police criminal clearance check and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
* Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
* Must comply with Agency smoke free and drug free policies.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.