Early Head Start Educator
1. Assist with the coordination, supervision, and implementation of the Early Childhood Program as required by the Head Start Program Performance Standards and state and federal mandates.
2. Ensure quality program service delivery.
3. Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
1. Execute a developmentally appropriate program enhancing the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth of young children and families.
2. Coordinate/conduct application home visits and assure the proper documentation of eligibility.
3. Assist with the coordination of the Family Partnership Agreement, monthly parent meetings, and socialization experiences.
4. Schedule and supervise staff work schedules, approving all change in schedules with Regional Coordinator.
5. Supervise and conduct evaluations of home visitors.
6. Oversee and monitor paperwork and documentation.
7. Attend community meetings and events as needed to support the agency programs.
8. Complete required program documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner.
9. Participate in professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, and other training options as identified and approved by supervisors.
10. Work closely with Regional and Component Coordinators to deliver a quality program..
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
1. A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or another related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. One year supervisory experience required.
3. Infant/Toddler experience preferred
1. Possess a solid knowledge base with respect to child development and family services and seek to expand knowledge.
2. Complete additional certification as required by continuing education plan.
3. Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
4. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, pass State Police Criminal clearance check and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
5. Successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
6. Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
7. Ability to handle staff relations effectively and professionally.
8. The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-workers, or to enhance personal safety while away from the office location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.