- Develop and oversee processes to manage agency volunteers and interns, excluding parent volunteers in ECS classrooms.
- Act as the primary contact for volunteers and interns, and for University-based intern coordinators.
- Recruit volunteers for agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain up-to-date records of all volunteers and interns.
- Report volunteer activities and hours to HR Director utilizing the volunteer database.
- Recruit volunteers across MMCAA’s service area through attending community events and through developing relationships with local universities, churches, and other community groups.
- Survey program coordinators to facilitate the most effective use of volunteers within their programs.
- Develop and maintain volunteer and intern forms, including but not limited to applications and time logs.
- Develop and manage volunteer screen procedures; refer volunteers or interns that do not have clear criminal background checks or DHS clearances to Human Resources Director for further review.
- Identify short term and long term volunteer opportunities throughout the agency and coordinate volunteer involvement for these opportunities.
- Develop job descriptions for long term volunteers and interns.
- Recruit volunteers to assist in agency programs, including Walk for Warmth, VITA, and community gardens.
- Develop and implement volunteer recognition programs.
- Develop and distribute volunteer orientation packets to new volunteers.
- Evaluate volunteer and intern satisfaction through surveys and interviews.
- Evaluate volunteer program for effectiveness and implement changes as appropriate.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree.
- Experience training, managing and working with volunteers.
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Shall protect the privacy of volunteers and hold in confidence all sensitive information obtained in the course of professional service.
- Demonstrate communication skills both oral and written.
- Successful clearance of DHS Central Registry, criminal history record check.
- Must be self-directed and able to coordinate the completion of assigned tasks and be willing to accept new challenges on a daily basis.
- Comply with Agency’s smoke free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will also have to successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.