Starting Pay: $12/hour based on experience
- Provides weatherization (material installation) services to low-income households.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete any necessary prep work for proper installation.
- Inspect products and materials for defects prior to installation.
- Install insulation according to work order/scope of work.
- Perform quality checks after products are installed.
- Effectively communicate with crew leader any issues that interfere with work schedule and/or completion of job.
- Installation of energy savings measures including attic insulation, caulking, sealing, and weather stripping.
- Perform job site clean-up.
- Complete any necessary paperwork required for reporting.
- Adhere to strict policies related to appointment promptness, in-home conduct and appearance.
- Communicate with customers on service and installation procedures.
- Perform warehouse duties which include loading/unloading, stocking, inventory counts and clean-up.
- Maintain vehicle(s) and equipment in accordance with company policy and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Prefer degree in construction management or a minimum of High School Diploma with 5 years experience in field work.
- Possess or obtain (within 6 months) Michigan Department of Community Health ‘Lead Safety” certification.
- Posses or obtain OSHA 10 hour safety certification, 30-hour MIOSHA safety certification and Retrofit Installer certification.
- Obtain and maintain all other certifications as necessary.
- Must be able to climb ladders to apply weatherization measures on roofs, vents and chimneys; be able to enter crawl spaces and other tight locations; and be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to accurately read technical instruments.
- Ability to work independently and keep accurate records.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and pass State Police criminal clearance check and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability.
- The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-worker or to enhance personal safety while away from the office location.
- Must comply with Agency smoke free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will also have to successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.