2 positions available
Location: Farwell and Harrison
1) Assist in the daily operation of the preschool program, and provide a developmentally appropriate environment for young children.
2) Assist in the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for eligible children following the curriculum and funding source guidelines in coordination with management staff.
3) Ensure quality program service delivery.
4) Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
1) Assist in program planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and daily activities to enhance the physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth of young children.
2) Make all efforts to assure the safety and well-being of every child in care.
3) Promote family involvement in the program.
4) Assist in observing and assessing children’s learning and entering data as required into Teaching Strategies Gold.
5) Assist with necessary program documentation and record keeping.
6) Be able to perform as an effective team member, and promote positive concepts in the classroom.
7) Fulfill the role of lead teacher as deemed necessary if the Preschool Teacher is unavailable.
8) Enter necessary data into ChildPlus database as required.
9) Participate in professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, parent meetings, and other training options identified and approved by supervisors.
10) Assist with collection of In-kind.
11) Recruit children for Agency’s programs.
12) Attend community meetings and events as needed to support the Agency programs including evening and weekend events/meetings.
13) Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications
> Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development.
> Will consider High School diploma and 1 college level course in Early Childhood Education. Must be willing to complete Associate’s degree within 2 years of employment.
> Must complete 12 hours of annual training in addition to CPR, first aide and blood borne pathogen training.
> Shall be of responsible character and suitable to work with young children.
> Possess a solid knowledge base with respect to child development and family services and seek to expand knowledge.
> Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
> Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, pass State Police criminal clearance check and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
> Successfully complete Criminal History and Child Abuse/Neglect clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
> Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
> Must be able to lift and carry a child weighing 45 pounds in an emergency situation.
> Must be physically capable of performing CPR (with appropriate training).
> Must be able to work at the same level as a preschool child –bend, sit on floor or child’s chair, squat.
> Must comply with Agency smoke-free and drug-free policies.
> Must understand the importance of daily attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Be Decided, Full-time
Please fill out the electronic application and submit resume on the careers page OR submit via mail to
Human Resources Director--ECS
Mid Michigan Community Action Agency
PO Box 768
1574 E Washington Rd
Farwell, MI 48622