Weatherization Crew Leader
- Assist with the administration of the Weatherization crew, in accordance with the approved plans and budget, the general policy guidelines established by the Agency and funding source, and applicable laws, procedures and regulations.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration and responsibility for Weatherization crew; implementation, management, oversight and review of Weatherization activities.
- Responsible for the productivity, mentorship and team coaching of weatherization crew.
- Supervise the installation of energy savings measures including lighting, thermostats, CO detectors, attic insulation (batts and blown), caulking, sealing, and weather stripping.
- Maintain inventory of materials, and order materials for jobs.
- Inspect, train and evaluate work performed by Weatherization crew to ensure compliance with program standards, and to assist with quality control procedures.
- Ensure quality of work from team members.
- Fully understands all program requirements and standards.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities.
- Work closely with Housing Program Manager in meeting program and overall departmental monthly, quarterly and annual goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Experience in business construction management or a minimum of High School Diploma with 5 years experience in field work.
- Must possess and maintain a Residential Builder’s License
- Possess or obtain (within 6 months) Michigan Department of Community Health ‘Lead Safety” certification.
- Possess or obtain OSHA 10 hour safety certification; 30-hour MIOSHA safety certification, and Retrofit Installer certification
- Obtain and maintain all other certifications as necessary.
- Demonstrated work experience with low income housing programs.
- Knowledge of residential construction standards and retrofitting.
- Must have two or more years of Supervisory experience, with ability to make decisions and direct and organize the work of others.
- Ability to read technical instruments.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
- Must be able to climb ladders to inspect roofs, vents and chimneys; be able to enter crawl spaces and other tight locations; and be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to accurately read technical instruments.
- Ability to work independently and keep accurate records.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and pass State Police criminal clearance check and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability.
- Must comply with Agency smoke free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will also have to successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.