Homebuyer Education Why take a Homebuyer Education Course?
- To prepare for homeownership
- Understand the home buying process
- Avoid mistakes commonly made by first time home buyers
- Learn about down payment assistance programs
- Buying a home can be an exciting but overwhelming experience. If you are in need of some guidance, Homebuyer educational courses are offered online or in person.
You are required by your mortgage lender to take a homebuyer education class.
Our MSHDA and Neighbor Works certified counselors are able to provide the necessary counseling to meet this requirement. Please call 800-318-0882 to speak with a counselor to schedule an appointment.
MSHDA’s Key to Own Counseling Referral
If MSHDA has referred you for Financial Management counseling or Homebuyer education, we can provide this for you. Please call 800-318-0882 to speak with a counselor and schedule the classes.
What is the Key to Own Homeownership Program?
The Key to Own Homeownership Program assists MSHDA Housing Choice vouchered families with converting a rental voucher into a homeownership voucher. This program helps families who meet the requirements purchase a home.