Early Head Start Home Based Educator
EARLY HEAD START HOME BASED EDUCATOR - 3 Positions
Department: Early Childhood Services
Work Site/# of positions: Midland
Responsible to: Early Head Start Home Based Advocate
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the Early Head Start program as required by Head Start Program Performance Standards and state and federal mandates.
- Ensure quality program service delivery.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Provide weekly in home visits in partnership with each family for a minimum of 1.5 hours each. (up to 12 families)
- Provide home visits on a weekly basis with no less than 46 completed home visits annually.
- Promote and support effective parent-child interactions using routines and the family home as the primary learning environment.
- Execute identified home based curriculum to fidelity.
- Facilitate Family Partnership Agreements and Parent, Family, Community Engagement Goal Assessments with each family.
- Conduct ongoing child assessments with the children and their parents and use the results to plan for individualization.
- Responsible for engagement of families through active participation in home visits, socialization and parent meeting experiences.
- Responsible for collaboratively planning and attending socialization experiences using input from families, developmental data and other program data sources.
- Analyze data for use in daily planning and individualization. (TSG, Dashboard, Developmental Screen and all other program data sources)
- Complete all required assessments within the timeline prescribed by the program/performance standards.
- Make all efforts to assure the safety and well-being of every child and family in the program.
- Assure appropriate referrals for services are made on behalf of the children and families.
- Work collaboratively with community partners in delivering quality services to children and families.
- Work effectively with Early Head Start Home Based Advocate; Early Head Start Home Based Program Supervisor and Early Head Start Home Based Education Coordinator in meeting program and overall departmental monthly, quarterly and annual goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the care, upkeep and maintenance of assigned agency vehicle.
- Accurately complete required program documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner.
- Responsible for inputting data into program data bases.
- Responsible for individualizing and obtaining in-kind.
- Actively participate in Practice Based Coaching as identified.
- Responsible for being a positive, innovative and supportive team player and promoting a healthy work environment.
- Work collaboratively with ECS Management Team to make sure all areas of service are in compliance and continually improving.
- Update on a regular basis specific position how-to’s and timeline.
- Recruit families and promote agency programs within the community.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Attend community events and meetings to support the agency programs; including evening and weekend events/meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field. Will consider a Home Visitor Child Development Associate Credential. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with young children and families.
- Early Head Start/Head Start experience preferred.
- Must complete 15 hours of annual training in addition to CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Family Service Credential within 18 months of hire or the first session offered thereafter.
- Infant/toddler experiences preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability as a strength based leader.
- Demonstrated ability to present information to community groups.
- Knowledge of 0-5 Curriculum/Teaching Strategies Gold/Child Plus preferred.
- Possess a solid knowledge base with respect to child development and family services and seek to expand knowledge at every opportunity.
- Exhibit initiative, flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cooperatively as a team leader and a team member.
- Complete additional certifications as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and code of ethics at all times.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete required background checks at time of hire and when requested.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills, and be able to work effectively with people.
- Must be self-directed and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allocated time frames.
- Must be willing to accept new challenges.
- Ability to navigate and effectively resolve conflict.
- The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-worker or to enhance personal safety while away from the office location. The agency will provide a cell phone as needed.
- Must comply with Agency tobacco free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance, and its impact on coworkers, clients, and the agency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.