Homeless Regional Coordinator
HOMELESS REGIONAL COORDINATOR
Department: Outreach Services
Work Site: Bay County Outreach Office
Responsible to: Homeless Program Manager
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of Homeless Programs in Bay and Midland Counties, understanding policy guidelines established by the agency and funding source.
- Ensure quality program delivery providing a range of supportive services designed to promote housing stability.
- Protect the privacy of customers and families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing supervision and mentoring to the Housing Specialist(s), Veteran Specialist(s), and RYSE Specialist in Bay and Midland Counties.
- Ensure all required program documentation is reviewed for accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Review data collection via the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and FACSPro.
- Attend relevant community events and meetings to support the agency programs; including evening and weekend events or meetings as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with relevant public and private authorities and service providers.
- Responsible for programmatic training and ongoing support of staff.
- Facilitate a comprehensive orientation for new staff.
- Perform 90 day and annual performance evaluations.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Travel throughout service area as needed.
- Overnight travel may be required for trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the HMIS preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability as a strength based leader.
- Demonstrated ability to present information to community groups.
- Must obtain HMIS license within 30 days of hire.
- Must obtain HQS certification within 1 year of hire.
- Complete additional certification as required.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance, and its impact on coworkers, clients, and the agency.
- Possess the ability to navigate and effectively resolve conflict.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to accept new challenges.
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and pass MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete Criminal History and Child Abuse/Neglect clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested.
- The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-workers and to enhance personal safety while away from the office location. The agency will provide a cell phone as needed.
- Must comply with Agency tobacco free and drug free policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.