Department: Outreach Services
Work Site: Bay County or Clare County
Responsible to: Homeless Program Manager
- Assist households who are experiencing or at-risk of homelessness by providing a range of supportive services designed to promote housing stability.
- Protect the privacy of customers and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Provide quality professional customer service at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide housing case management to households who are experiencing or at-risk of homelessness.
- Design a Housing Stability Plan with each program participant, and monitor monthly progress of participant’s stated goals through ongoing case management meetings, including an Individual Employment Plan for Veterans.
- Work with households to identify potential eligibility for mainstream resource benefits (e.g. TANF, VA Benefits, Social Security, Bridge Card, Medicaid, etc.) and assist in program enrollment.
- Conduct data collection via the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and FACSPro.
- Complete or collect all required program documentation with accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with service providers, landlords and participants.
- Conduct housing searches with participants to assist in locating, obtaining and retaining housing.
- Perform housing inspections on all potential rental units.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Travel throughout service area as needed.
- Overnight travel may be required for trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services preferred.
- Experience in human services, specifically with homeless populations, preferred.
- Must obtain HMIS license within 30 days of hire.
- Must obtain HQS certification within 1 year of hire.
- Complete additional certification as required.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance, and its impact on coworkers, clients, and the agency.
- Possess the ability to navigate and effectively resolve conflict.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to accept new challenges.
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid Chauffeur driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and pass MMCAA’s "Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete Criminal History and Child Abuse/Neglect clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested.
- The job duties require a working cell phone for accessibility to supervisors, clients, or co-workers and to enhance personal safety while away from the office location. The agency will provide a cell phone as needed.
- Must comply with Agency tobacco free and drug free policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.