WIC Clerk Specialist
WIC Clerk Specialist
Department: Early Childhood Services
Work Site: Midland Office
Responsible to: WIC Clerk Supervisor
- Perform clerical responsibilities of client certification including MI-WIC data input, benefit issuance and complete intake eligibility information.
- Greet customers, secure necessary information, and ensure that they are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain lobby area as needed.
- Ensure quality program service delivery.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Maintain customer MI-WIC data as required by the agency, local, state and federal regulations.
- Answer telephone, set up WIC appointments and collect pre-certification information.
- Provide blood level checks for lead and iron, height and weight screening, and input accurate client data in the MI-WIC system.
- Be supportive to breastfeeding mothers and refer as needed for problem solving/support.
- Make necessary referrals based on client needs.
- Document nutrition education completed by education boards and wichealth.org for secondary education.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility by use of the MI Health Plan benefits website as needed.
- Run individual reports for immunization status by use of the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR).
- Database entry using DBA FacsPro.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and have two years of experience pertinent to responsibilities and duties listed.
- Must be familiar with various data collection systems and techniques.
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Demonstrated communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and relate to customers/families effectively and pleasantly.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, pass State Police criminal clearance check and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete Criminal History and DHHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
- Ability to handle staff relations effectively and professionally.
- Attend community events and meetings as needed to support the agency programs; including evening and weekend events/meetings.
- Must comply with Agency smoke free and drug free policies.
- Must understand the importance of daily attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will also have to successfully complete Criminal History and DHS clearance procedures at time of hire and when requested at any time during employment. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.