Early Head Start Home Based Program Supervisor
EARLY HEAD START HOME BASED PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
Department: Early Childhood Services
Responsible to: EHS Home Based Education Coordinator Status: Hourly
- Responsible for the development, supervision, coordination and implementation of all aspects of the Parent/Family/Community Engagement component as required by the Early Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Ensure quality program service delivery.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Provide direct supervision of designated staff.
- Responsible for ensuring full program participation by family and staff.
- Collaboratively plan and implement; family/community events with the PFCE Coordinator.
- Collaborate with community organizations to deepen partnerships for the benefit of families, children and staff.
- Provide program presentations on an ongoing and regular schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining an active and current waitlist for Early Head Start.
- Coordinate and conduct applications and assure proper documentation for eligibility in a timely manner.
- Maintain procedures for documentation, tracking system and ongoing monitoring of parent/family/community engagement component requirements for designated area.
- Work collaboratively with service delivery staff to engage families.
- Will plan and facilitate, in collaboration with service delivery staff, parent meetings.
- Ensure that all aspects of the PFCE component are in compliance.
- Works collaboratively with Home Based Program Advocates in supervising the Home Based Educators as assigned.
- Responsible for being a positive, innovative and supportive team player and promoting a healthy work environment.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems as they arise.
- Identifies individual or program systems barriers which impede services to children and families and facilitates resolutions.
- Follow interview procedures when a staff vacancy occurs in a timely manner.
- Provide onboarding and training to new staff, provides continuous and ongoing support as needed for all designated staff.
- Perform 90 day, annual and ongoing performance evaluations of designated staff.
- Work collaboratively with ECS Management Team to make sure all areas of service are in compliance and continually improving.
- Collects and analyzes various data efficiently to meet the reporting duties.
- Utilizes analyzed data to inform the program for effective program monitoring, assessment and improvement.
- Assures accurate data is entered/submitted by staff on a timely basis to meet requirements.
- Collaborate with staff to deliver research-based family engagement practices that reflect the Head Start Performance Standards and PFCE Framework
- Plan and implement parent meeting/events with Home Based Educators.
- Accurately complete required program documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner.
- Update on a regular basis specific position how-to’s and timeline.
- Recruit families and promote agency programs within the community.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Attend community events and meetings to support the agency programs; including evening and weekend events/meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Family Studies, Family Life Education, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of effective supervisor skills preferred.
- Head Start/Early Head Start/GSRP experience preferred.
- Family Service Credential within 18 months of hire or first available session thereafter.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability as a strength based leader.
- Demonstrated ability to present information to community groups.
- Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards, and Head Start Act
- Possess a solid knowledge base with respect to child development and family services and seek to expand knowledge at every opportunity.
- Exhibit initiative, flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cooperatively as a team leader and a team member.
- Complete additional certifications as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and code of ethics at all times.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review.
- Successfully complete background check time of hire and when requested.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills, and be able to work effectively with people.
- Must be self-directed and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allocated time frames.
- Must be willing to accept new challenges.
- Ability to navigate and effectively resolve conflict.
- Must comply with Agency tobacco free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance, and its impact on coworkers, clients, and the agency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.