Early Head Start Intake Specialist
EARLY HEAD START INTAKE SPECIALIST
Department: Early Childhood Services Status: Hourly
Responsible to: Early Head Start Program Manager
- Responsible to assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of program systems as required by the Head Start/Great Start Readiness Program Performance Standards and state and federal mandates.
- Ensure quality program service delivery.
- Protect the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service.
- Work closely with the EHS Program Manager in meeting program and overall departmental monthly, quarterly, annual goals and objectives.
- Responsible for all aspects of the EHS Referral Process.
- Responsible for scheduling application appointments for all counties.
- Responsible for the timely organization of incoming data.
- Responsible for the production of assigned reports in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner.
- Ensure quality program information reporting.
- Complete required program documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with ECS Management Team to make sure all areas of service are in compliance and continually improving.
- Support the inter-agency referral process.
- Update on a regular basis specific position how-to’s and timeline.
- Coordinate and conduct applications and assure proper documentation for eligibility in a timely manner as needed.
- Assist ERSEA coordinator in the verification of applications.
- Responsible for being a positive, innovative and supportive team player and promoting a healthy work environment.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems as they arise.
- Recruit families and promote agency programs within the community.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities, including staff meetings, conferences, training opportunities, as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Attend community events and meetings to support the agency programs; including evening and weekend events/meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analysis, Information Technology, Office Administration or related field preferred. Minimum of a High School Diploma with proficient office skills.
- 2 years of related experience considered.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Family Service Credential within 18 months of hire or the first session offered thereafter.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act, Great Start Readiness Program Implementation Manual, and State Licensing Regulations preferred.
- Complete additional training as required.
- Exhibit initiative, flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cooperatively as a team leader and a team member.
- Maintain confidentiality and code of ethics at all times.
- Must have Proficient Computer Skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, provide proof of insurance, and pass MMCAA’s “Insurance Carriers” driving record review
- Successfully complete required background checks at time of hire and when requested.
- Shall provide written report by a physician stating their physical capability and freedom from communicable tuberculosis.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills, and be able to work effectively with people.
- Must be self-directed and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allocated time frames.
- Must be willing to accept new challenges.
- Ability to navigate and effectively resolve conflict.
- Must comply with Agency tobacco free and drug free policies.
- Understand the importance of daily work attendance, and its impact on coworkers, clients, and the agency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.