Skip to main content

Food Assistance


Don't wait to ask for help!


Mid Michigan CAA has two supplemental food programs available to the households with low income. Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides a free box of food to qualified senior citizens on a monthly basis. Participants must be at least 60 years old. Each month the box will contain:

  • Juice
  • Canned fruits
  • Canned vegetables
  • Milk (dry or shelf-stable)
  • Cereal
  • Cheese
  • A varied starch item
  • A varied protein item

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides a free box of food to qualified families, including senior citizens, on a quarterly basis. TEFAP is distributed in March, June, September and December each year.

To sign up for either of these programs, visit the distribution nearest to you. To view the calendar of distributions click here. For CSFP, you will need ID and proof of all household income. Once enrolled, you will visit your distribution site each month or each quarter to get your box of food. If you are unable to pick up your food box yourself, you can send a family member to pick it up for you.



Available in

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.1>
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.1>

Powered by Firespring