Skip to main content

Tax Prep Assistance

Tax season is upon us! If you need help filing for taxes, call 2-1-1 today to make an appointment! Assistance is available in Clare, Gladwin, Mecosta, and Osceola Counties.

All sites can e-file Federal Tax Returns and all Credits (EITC), State Income Tax Returns and Home Heating and Homestead Property Credits

If married filing jointly, both spouses must be present at the appointment. If one spouse if unable to attend, the spouse attending must have power of attorney and all documentation for the absent spouse. There may be a delay in processing the return if the above documentation is not available the day of the appointment.

Locations and Dates

Mid Michigan Community Action—Gladwin Office, 1302 Chatterton St Unit 1, Gladwin, MI 48624

  • Mondays February 3-April 13

Mid Michigan Community Action—Farwell Office, 1574 E. Washington Rd. Farwell, MI 48622

  • Tuesdays February 4-April 14

Michigan Works Building—Harrison, 402 N 1st St, Harrison, MI 48625

  • Wednesdays February 5-April 15

Pere Marquette District Library—Clare, 185 E. 4th St, Clare, MI 48617

  • Thursdays February 6-April 9

Michigan Works Building—Reed City, 240 E. Church St, Reed City, MI 49677

  • Tuesdays February 4-April 14

Michigan Works Building—Big Rapids, 14330 Northland Dr, Big Rapids, MI 49307

  • Thursdays February 6-April 9


Please bring all of the following items that apply to you and your family:

  • Picture ID (required)
  • Social Security Cards for all family members (required)
  • Copy of 2018 return (if filed)
  • Heating costs from 11/1/18 through 10/31/19
  • Any 2019 tax forms that you have received, which may include:
    • Wage and earning statements from all employers (W2 or 1099)
    • Social Security Income for all family members (award letter mailed December 2018)
    • Social Security(SSA-1099), Pension, Interest, and/or Dividend Income statements (1099s)
    • Health Insurance information for all family members (1095s)
    • 2019 Property tax statements (summer and winter, if you receive both)
    • Annual child support statement
    • DHHS/DHS/FIA annual statement
    • Veterans Affairs statement of Service Related Disability (%) and monthly VA Disability Payment
    • Documentation of Self Employment Income and related expenses
  • Bank account information if you want your return direct deposited

Available in

Powered by Firespring